Solid Energy’s Board decision about whether to continue with the project to re-enter the drift at the Pike River Mine will not occur at the October board meeting as first indicated. The board decision has been deferred to ensure the company has sufficient time to consider the feedback from experts advising the Pike River families’ group.
The company had intended to have this process completed for a Board decision by the end of this month. However, the Pike River families’ group has agreed that Solid Energy take a little more time. The board will consider the feedback provided by the families advisors received yesterday before making its decision on re-entry. Solid Energy is keeping the families’ group advised of progress.